CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Choices

Ok, so I know I'm really just an average Mom of 2 kids. I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful husband with a great job that provides for us so that I don't have to get a job. I have made the choice to home school my children. I get that I'm not the norm anymore. But I still feel like I've grown 3 horns and sprouted wings when people find out that I home school. I either get the, "Oh, you must be really smart!", or the look. Which says, "She looks normal, but must be weird." None of this really matters or certainly doesn't change my decisions, but I do find myself slightly understanding what this video is about! I'll admit it, it's funny. Even though I don't plan on having 10 children or driving a big van, I 'm guessing there will always be a stigma attached to homeschooling. And thats ok.



2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's funny! Just remember you are not alone. There are many of us out here! Blessings on the end of your school year!

CALISTA said...

I had almost forgotten all those "looks" that mom used to get when she said she home-schooled us! And more than once she was told, "you must be really smart!" lol...