CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

In which I finally admit that my daughter is not the girly-girl that I once was . .

This post is NOT accompanied by pictures, something I'm sure you'll thank me for later!

Even though I most certainly did my part, by making sure my darling newborn daughter always had a bow in her hair, and lets face it, she has often owned more shoes than me, she walks a very fine line. I prefer to think of her as "well-balanced", instead of "tomboy". She can transition faster that you can imagine from princess dress-up to well, . . . take yesterday for example. Everyone was getting ready for church, we were almost ready to walk out the door. Brianna was all dressed up, from the top of her head, (french-braided crown and of course, a bow) to her black dress shoes with a small heel, which she loves, btw. It was then that I discovered that the dog had been sick the night before, and well, there were a couple 'messes' to clean up in the laundry room. Tim was so kind to clean them up but not before our little princess exclaimed, "Oh, Sophie vomited? Wait, don't clean it up yet, let me see!"

Hmmmm, with such a strong stomach, maybe a career in medicine would suit her well!




5 comments:

sankey family said...

that's great! lol....

CALISTA said...

Yeah, as much as I love animals, working at the animal hospital even pushed MY tomboy-ness to the limits! I saw/cleaned up enough nasty "messes" every day to make me literally gag, and of course, pray for another job! God is so generous & caring though, and answered my prayers so that I could move on to a nice, sanitary office downtown after that! (Even after silly me had prayed that He'd give me my "dream job" which was a job at the vet!) Maybe Brianna has what it takes!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought you meant that the dog food hadn't agreed with Brianna! I figured it out though!:)
Martha

Lori said...

Ugh, sorry if my writing wasn't very clear, the DOG ate the dog food, not Brianna! (That's one thing my children have never attempted, thank goodness!) I edited the post so perhaps it's a bit clearer now!

Vonnie said...

hahahaha... that's hilarious!