CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Applesauce and Memories

I'm still up up to my elbows, wrists and fingers in apples. I peeled so many apples yesterday that when I was done I had to pry my hand open to release the knife, I thought I was going to have to go through life with a claw as a hand, thankfully the cramp didn't last too long! All the suggestions were so great! I've got a batch of applesauce cooking in the crockpot right now and plan to make more pie filling also. I loved the idea of making and freezing apple dumplings, those would be might tasty when the snow starts flying around here!



I've always loved the idea of making handprints in concrete, the only problem is when you relocate, the handprints are left behind. Not anymore! My Dad bought these really cool kits for the kids that turn little hands into stepping stones or just artwork for your garden. I love them, and no, they're not perfect, thats what makes them so cute. Tyler hates getting his hands dirty so actually placing his hands in concrete, and pressing down on each finger, really messed with his world. He is really into trains right now so we pressed one of his little trains into it also, that's his favorite part, he loves checking it out.

Brianna loved making the hand prints, hers turned out really well. She thought
it needed a few more colored stones, hence the 'kinda scattered' look. Again, it's
the memories, not perfection, right? :)

When, ahem, the grandparents come to visit, we can make more hand prints for them to take
home with them, ahem. :)

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. All of the things you are making with apples sound yummy (and like a lot of rewarding work. =) That's neat that you can make apple pie filling ahead...did I understand that right?
Loved the hand print stones too! Take care!

The Dickinsons said...

If I did understand you right...I'd like the recipe for the apple pie filling to freeze ahead. Thanks!

CALISTA said...

Wow, sounds like those apples are keeping you busy! I love the stepping stone idea... I need to find one of those for Magnus to do. I could get one for his hand, and then put Jack's paw print on it too. =)

Vonnie said...

Love the handprints and the original artwork too!