CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Autumn Times


I feel like I have a love-hate relationship with the season we're entering into,- Fall. I think this is my absolute favorite season, I always have the urge to bake and pull out the hot chocolate. But on the other hand, Fall always signifies that there is another season looming out there, dreaded Winter. I used to love winter, but lately I've not been so crazy about it. I hate having to take 30 minutes just to get the kids ready to go play outside. You all know the drill, they're out there 5 minutes and then decide that a potty-break is needed, here we go again! Not my idea of a good time. I hate the mess that the snow and slush makes in my house, lets face it, I'm just not much of a winter person. I am trying, though, to not let Winter ruin my favorite season right now. I'm looking forward to all the fun that Fall brings; leaf-raking and making piles to jump into, apple cider, pumpkin patches and petting zoos, and lets not forget all the gorgeous photo ops that nature provides! I 've certainly enjoyed pulling out my fall decorations for the house and thought I'd give a little tour of some areas in our house!


Our front door
The mantle - it's something I've always wanted to have to decorate!

On my sofa table

An extra swag I had that I just tacked above this photo

On my kitchen counter

Even the bathroom got a little touch of the season
Out the back door that Brianna decorated . . .
and to the garden where the pumpkins are almost ready!

7 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you for your nice comment and for the pie filling recipe. It looks like it would be yummy.

I like the pic of your family by the ocean, and the CUTE pic of your kids looking at a scrapbook. I enjoyed the tour of your cute fall decorations in your home. It looks like you and I would enjoy sitting down for a visit...we seem to enjoy lots of things in common. =)

Have a great weekend. =)

collette said...

Lori, I've enjoying your last few posts so much....the kids are just growing so fast and they are absolutely darling. I know your folks have got to be aching to see them...

Just wondering if Calista shared that recipe for apple enchiladas--they sound really good. Do you mind posting it?

sankey family said...

The pictures of your fall decor are just beautiful - you sure have a knack for decorating!

Vonnie said...

I love decorating the house for fall too!! I could leave the decorations up all year long.:)

Martha C said...

It all looks beautiful!
As for the snow mess, I did not care for it until I moved to a "far, far away country" where snow is almost obsolete. (It has snowed both winters we were here, and I think it was a mercy drop to me from God. :-) I miss not having the option of snow clean up. Besides, it is so boring to have cold and no snow as it is here. :-( Doesn't seem like Christmas.

Beth Stetler said...

I love all your decor, but especially like your front door and the bathroom shelves. Nice!

CALISTA said...

Hey, I'm going to paint our front door that color too! I love that red. Your fall decor is so cute - maybe I'll post some pics on my blog so you can see our place too. It was so much fun seeing yours.