CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A great idea . . . .


Two things about me. I love to read and I love to cook. This book combines both hobbies quite nicely. I found it on sale one day at Walden Books and couldn't pass it up. Everything I had heard about it piqued my curiosity. Jessica Seinfield, a SAHM, wrote this book/cookbook in order to get healthier food into her kids without them realizing that they were actually eating more healthy. She suggests steaming vegetables and then pureeing them to use in the recipes that she wrote. Although not all of the recipes look like something my family would eat, a lot of them do. So far Brianna hasn't been able to tell that carrots were in her quesodillas,(I know thats not spelled right but for the life of me I can't remember how to spell it and blogger spellcheck is being of NO help at all!), cauliflower in her scrambled eggs or spinach in the brownies! It's an interesting concept that we'll be using from time to time to bump up that fruit and vegetable intake!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love her ideas! I've never read the book, but I read about it in Reader's Digest. I've been putting butternut squash in Megan's Macaroni and Cheese ever since! It's such a smart idea!

Hope you are having a good week!
Jamie

Springer Family said...

LOL ~ I'm glad I'm not your kid...just kidding! I don't like those kind of veggies..so I don't think I'd try it only cause I wouldn't want to eat it!

Anonymous said...

I've had this book out from the library after seeing Jessica on Oprah. I couldn't believe how good the food looked and the tasters reaction to it. Now, if I could only get around to doing it!

sankey family said...

Those are good ideas and you're a great mom for going that far to ensure your kids eat healthy. 2 of my boys are VERY picky eaters although I said (before! I had kids) that I would never have picky kids because I would just make them eat what was good for them. Yeah, right. I try.